Going Native - New Class
Native ingredients or bush Food is something that you will be searching while traveling in Australia. Get to know the best Australian native produce and learn how to cook them in this great Otao kitchen's Australia cooking experience class. The class would appeal to most age groups, skill levels, and tastes.
You will learn the native ingredients by gathering around the kitchen table and sharing this unique cooking and dining experience. Get close to the chef and speak about the preparation and health benefit property of each ingredient. Discover ties with customs and traditions. Watch the delicious meal comes together in front of you and sample what you see throughout the course of this amazing 2.5-hour experience.
- Embracing local and sustainable bush food
- Learn the health benefit of Australian Native Foods
- Learn the methods are used in bush foods
- Make 2 or 3-course menu using the local and native ingredients
- Enjoy a social cooking experience
- Explore Native Herbs and Spices
ON THE DAY
- This hands-on finger food making experience lasts for 2 to 2.5hours
- Enjoy a complimentary refresher drink on arrival
- Demonstration and learn how to prepare favorite Australia produce
- Cook and plate up your dishes
- Sit and eat together at the end with a glass of locally made wine or beer
THE SAMPLE MENU
- Quandong Refresher
- Vegan dumplings or Spiced Kangaroo salad
- Lemon Myrtle, Garlic and Prawns
- Native thyme Barramundi steamed in banana leaf
- Pepperberry Spiced Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder, sweet potato and rocket salad
- Fried Saltbush, Chickpea, Spinach and Fire Roasted Capsicum with freshly made pasta
- Wattleseed Cream Brûlée
- Bush Foods Cooking is a perfect cooking class for your Christmas Party, Birthday party, Anniversary, Hens Party, Bucks Party, Team Building Cooking, Work lunch and dinner or Corporate event. Our venue can cater to up to 40 people. Speak to us so we can work out whether your venue is suitable. Travel costs and charges may apply.
- We can cater to different dietary requirements - please let us know by email email@example.com
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a booking you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org. You must do this at least 7 days before your class to cancel or reschedule. We are sorry that we cannot refund or rebook any cancellations made online or in-person after this time.
- In the event that you are unwell, we ask that you send someone in your place. The participants who are not unwell will still be expected to attend. Alternatively, if you provide notice prior to the class, you are welcome to collect the ingredients and online recipe to take home with you after the class. Please note that this may not be possible as fresh meats and seafood in all cases and you should call 0408 217 899 to check with the chef team. This cannot be organized via email.
- Lateness: please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the class. We cannot accommodate or refund for those who arrive after the scheduled start time, even if you call ahead. The instructor will be expected to start on time and will not be able to repeat the health and safety and/or demonstrations at the beginning of the class.
- Read more of our FAQs and booking terms.