Market Tour and Asian Cooking
QUEEN VICTORIA MARKET TOUR
We kick off this day at our delightful Queen Victoria Market at the main entrance of the market - Elizabeth and Victoria streets. Our market guide will welcome you with coffee and fresh croissants or alternatives before heading out as a group. After your market guide fills you in on the history of the market, they will begin to weave you through the various stalls and explain the history of market culture and seasonal produce. You'll receive a fascinating insight into how Melbourne chefs nearby choose produce and an understanding of where the vast array of products come from. After an hour of tasting and shopping, we'll head downtown to Otao Kitchen Victoria Street cooking school in Richmond where we'll prepare a full, seasonally-inspired lunch to enjoy together.
During the hands-on cooking experience, you will be introduced to fundamental Asian cooking techniques and learn about the tips and tricks behind them, all while having fun and drinking a glass or two in the process. Our time will conclude with delicious shared dishes paired with selected wines and beers for you to enjoy your hard-working! During lunch, your chefs will share stories on each of the dishes. You are given some free time to explore the market before going back to the kitchens where all of your ingredients have already been purchased and selected especially for your class by a professional.
A typical menu consists of a market hunting and fruit platter for nibbling while we cook. Plus together we will make a selection of dishes - sushi, dumplings, spring rolls, noodle, and vegetable salad or curries and a dessert. Two glasses of wine are included for each guest. Extra drinks can be purchased. Ask us for fusion version including pizzas!
We deliver the most authentic with Asian cooking in Melbourne with the ability to work alongside with event planners for corporate hospitality and team building events. We deliver exceptional value for money and memorable experiences from our purpose-designed venue in Richmond Melbourne. We help your team get deeply involved with the food and culture in Melbourne simply around foods and add great stories about our family kitchen, cooking cultures, and traditions. We handle all special arrangements so you and your guests can enjoy the bonding time together. Beyond a one-stop activity spot, we really pride ourselves on the fact that our cooking experiences truly bring people together in a unique way, smelling, feeling, slicing, dicing, rolling and panfrying with our unique menus. The Market and Cooking Class is a delicious combination of a Melbourne food tour and cooking experience. Perfect for corporate entertainment, team building, and social get-togethers.
- A fully interactive cooking session, everyone visits the market and cooks together.
- Best value for money for activity, entertainment, food and wine in a 3-4 hour package in town!
- Can include friendly competitive pressure on the teams
- Chef led so there are no cooking disasters
- Everyone cook, share and inspire together and we do the dishes!
- This class is for group 10+ people booking only
ON THE DAY
- This cooking experience will be 5 hours in length. We begin with a complimentary refresher while guests are arriving. Next, we prep and cook for 1 hour. The group together will cook all the dishes. Finally, you and other guests can enjoy new flavors, exotic ingredients, cooking, drinking, eating and sharing your creations around a large kitchen table. For a larger group, we will divide the group into small teams. Teams will cook together for a dish or more.
- We are not ordinary cooking class, there is no recipes or slide show or lecturing, we are a playful arena where you and your guests can build connections, make great memories and as well healthy and freshly made foods.
- Ask us to include a competitive or relaxed style of cooking in this 4+ hour class.
- Pre and Post-meeting venue – The National Hotel, located on Richmond’s bustling Victoria Street, is a place for locals and far-flung travelers to come together in a community-minded space, where the staff is always proud to serve and the atmosphere is heady with good vibes. http://thenationalhotel.com.au/
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call chef Ha Nguyen 0408 217 899 for available date/time and obligation free quote today.
- More question please see our team building cooking