Street Food of Asia
This exploration of popular Asian Street Food will take you through four cities. Our well-travelled chef instructors will guide you through 4 diverse cooking traditions, spanning 4 classes, which can be attended individually or as a package. In this hands-on class, you'll be navigated through preparing numerous beautiful and tasty morsels of food. This class has been crafted to teach you all the skills necessary for you to be able to prepare your own Asian finger foods at home, perhaps a perfect solution for your next party at home. Whether you're looking for new and creative ideas for your next dinner party, a unique date night, we offer an engaging and thoroughly convivial experience.
We'll take you, step by step, through professional, yet approachable techniques to impress your guests at the next cocktail food party you host. Everyone cooks around our long, hand-made spotted gum kitchen bench for an interactive and sociable experience. Each month, we will alternate through our humble yet well thought out menu of finger foods and the street foods of Japan, Thailand, China and Vietnam.
Join us for this unique culinary experience!
- Learn how to prepare and present various popular street food preparations
- Taste a variety of delicious, and authentic street foods
- Enjoy this experience in a small and intimate group setting
- Learn how to showcase the best in local produce, meats, and seafood through creative recipes
- Enjoy a fun cooking, eating and social experience
ON THE DAY
- This hands-on experience lasts for 2 to 2.5hours
- Enjoy a complimentary refreshment upon arrival
- Demonstrations and guided hands-on instruction coordinated by our chef instructors
- Prepare and cook a varied menu, utilising a wide range of techniques along the way
- Explore the creation of popular street food dishes
- Work either by yourself or with a partner
- Finish the class by tasting all of your creations with a glass of sparkling wine or beer
STREET FOOD OF BANGKOK
- Jan May-Sep
- Nam Phrik Kaeng Daeng -Red Thai Curry Pasta
- Prik Nam Plaa- Fish Sauce Dressing
- Tod Mun Pla- Thai Fish Cakes
- Gai Tod Nam Pla- Glazed Chicken Wings
- Tod Man Khao Pod -Corn Fritters
- Nam Tok- 'Waterfall' Beef Salad
STREET FOOD OF HO CHI MINH CITY
- Gỏi Cuốn -Rice Paper Rolls
- Bo lá lốt- Beef In Betel Leaf
- Nước Chấm- Fish Sauce Dressing
- Bánh Mì Xíu Mại- Mini Baguette with Vietnamese Meatballs
- Chả- Pan-Fried Lemongrass Sausage with Herbs
STREET FOOD OF SHANGHAI
Mar Jul Nov
- Cong You Bing- Spring Onion Pancakes
- Ma La Ji Chi- Chonqing Chicken Wings
- Pai Huang Gua- Sichaun Pickled Cucumbers
- Gua Bao - Steamed Pork Buns with Caramelised Pork Belly and Quick Pickles
STREET FOOD OF TOKYO
Apr Aug Dec
- Inarizushi- Tofu Pockets with Salmon Salad
- Tsukune -Chicken Meatballs with Teriyaki Sauce
- Enoki-Niku Maki- Beef Rolls with Enoki Mushrooms
- Horensou Hakusai Maki no Goma Ae- Chinese Cabbage and Spinach Rolls with Sesame Sauce
- Street Food of Asia makes a great experience for your next: Work Christmas Party, Birthday party, Anniversary, Hens Party, Bucks Party, Team Building Cooking Party, Work Lunch and Dinner or Corporate Launch Event from 6-40 people. We are able to cater to dietary restrictions with advanced notice.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a booking, you will need to email email@example.com. You must do this at least 7 days before your scheduled class. We cannot refund or rebook any cancellations made online or in-person after this time.
- Want to send someone in your place? Not a problem, just send us their name and contact information via email. Participants who are not unwell will still be expected to attend. Alternatively, if you provide notice prior to the class, you may be eligible to take home your class ingredients after the class. Please note that this may not be possible with certain fresh meats and seafood, as per food safety guidelines in all cases and you should call 0408 217 899 to check with the chef team. This cannot be organized via email.
- Lateness: please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the class. We cannot accommodate or refund for those who arrive after the scheduled start time, even if you call ahead. The instructor will be expected to start on time and will not be able to repeat the health and safety and/or demonstrations at the beginning of the class.
- Read more of our FAQs and booking terms.